FamousWhy.ro Forum: Help Topic

Help Topic: Logging In and Out

Logging In
Once you have signed up for an account, you can log in by pressing the "Sign In" button at the top of any page.

From here, you should enter your username or email address, and the password you used when you registered. If you tick the "Remember Me" box you will not have to sign in when you visit the community in future. This ability can be very useful, but should not be used if other people have access to your computer or if you are using a public computer.

You may also be able to hide your username from the online list by checking the "Sign in anonymously" box. Administrators will still be able to see you online if you do so, however other members will not be able to.

When you are ready, click Sign In.
Once logged in, you should be taken back to whatever page you were previously viewing.

You may also see additional log in options such as OpenID or Facebook Connect. If these features are available and you would prefer to use one of these options to log in, click on the appropriate button and follow the on-screen instructions.

Forgotten your password
If you have forgotten your password, you can click the "I've forgotten my password" link on the sign in page below the password box. This will take you to a page where you can enter your username or email address, and we will then either email you a new password that you can use or a link for you to reset your password.

Note that if you locked your account by typing in the wrong password too many times, you will still need to unlock your account before you can use your new password.

Logging Out
To log out click the "Sign Out" link at the top of the screen from any page.